Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sunday afternoons are by far my favorite part of the week. Usually they consist of naps and vegging out on the couch with the husband. This weekend unfortunately has brought the sickies. Oh yes...after weeks of avoiding sick co-workers, drinking my v8, and quarantining a sick husband....it has come for me. I am currently wallowing in covers with my neck heat pad, Emergen- C packs, juice, and Kleenexes....hoping for the best. Atleast I have my lappy to keep me company :)

To not be all Daisy Downer, I did have a good Saturday afternoon! My parents and I went to "Oops"- this great store in Tonitown, Arkansas (home of the Duggars from "18 Kids and Counting") that is just a huge warehouse of wholesale items that have slight imperfections (at bottom rock prices). They have carpets, lamps, home decor, Christmas items, floral stems and bushes....its like going on an adventure! I could literally spend hours in there. I spend $20 yesterday and got 5 candles, a foot-high statue of a Hindu goddess (we have an Asian themed office), a little statue of a fat Buddha (again, the Asian theme), and a plate holder. Happy girl :)

I went there several weekends ago and bought a vine wreath for around $6, swung over to Hobby Lobby and bought some picks and fabric and made my first attempt at a wreath:


This was also my first attempt at making fabric flowers--- it didn't turn out great, but it was good enough. (Those are supposed to be flowers and leaves on the top and bottom made from some scrap fabric I had)

It was a fun project -- and I can re-use the wreath year-round and find different picks. So I'm happy.

When my mom came by, she gave me two quilts to post on my Etsy site. She quilts also (she's been doing it a lot longer than I have, obviously). My mom used to make tons of clothes for me and my brother growing up. Each Easter she would make my dress, each Halloween she would make my outfit. She's a great seamstress- something I am horrible at!

She made two cute and traditional baby blankets (you can see more pics at www. sewinlovequilts.etsy.com). One for a girl, and one for a boy:






Same design, just different colors.
Well, I think I'm going to take a much -needed nap. Hoping to wake up tomorrow and feel rejuvenated. What did you do this weekend?






No comments:

Post a Comment